1.5kg Pork belly 1 Granny smith apple 5g Sage, extra for garnishing 60g Flora Plant BUTTER, extra for basting 1 tsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar 2 tsp Salt 1 tsp Pepper
Preparation for 4 to 6 people
Apple Butter Rolled Pork Belly cooked on the braai
- Place all the ingredients except the belly in the blender and blend to form a paste.
- Boil water and pour the boiled water over the pork belly rind.
- Turn the belly over and spread the apple paste over the flesh.
- Roll up the belly and tie with string about 1cm apart.
- Place on a high heat (200C) and cover with a lid, turning regularly to ensure the crackling doesn’t burn. Cook for about 45 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to 180C or med high heat and cover and cook for a further hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite sides.