500g Chicken wors or your choice of wors 3 tbsp Flora Lite, extra for buttering rolls 1 Onion, sliced 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper 2 tbsp Brown sugar ½ Green pepper, diced 1 tin Tomato onion mix 3 tbsp Jalepeno Chutney 1 tin Red Kidney or Mixed beans 200g Slaw mix (we used a green slaw mix) 6 Hot dog or long seed rolls
Preparation for 6 portions
Boerie Rolls with Spicy fried onions and tomato chutney beans
- Braai or fry the boerewors until cooked to your liking.
- In the meanwhile, fry the onion in the 2 tbsp Flora, cayenne pepper and sugar until brown and caramelized about 10 – 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, fry the green pepper in the remaining Flora until soft. Add the tomato onion mix, the jalepeno chutney and the beans. Simmer until the flavours have infused and the tomato has reduced, about 10 minutes.
- To assemble the boerie rolls, spread Flora on the rolls and fill with 2 tbsp slaw mix per roll.
- Fill with wors, and top with a generous serving of chutney beans and finally fried onions and another sprinkling of slaw.