For the herby butter: 60ml Parsley 60ml Basil 125g Flora Regular 2.5ml Salt For the fish: 1 whole fish (about 30cm length), cleaned and scaled 2 slices orange 2 slices lemon Onion, cut into rings To serve: 200g Rainbow slaw 400g baby potatoes, steamed
Preparation for 4 People
Braai Baked whole fish with herby Butter
For the Butter:
- In a mortar, crush the parsley and basil with the salt, until it forms a paste.
- Add the Flora and mix.
For the fish:
- Place the fish on a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- Stuff the fish under the gills with the lemon, orange and onion slices.
- Spread 2 spoons of herb butter into the cavity.
- Spread 2 spoons of herb butter over the top of the fish.
- Wrap the fish in the greaseproof and place on a medium heat braai (or 180C oven) for 20-25 minutes.
- Take the fish off the braai and unwrap from the greaseproof paper.
- Serve on a bed of rainbow slaw with steamed baby potatoes, brushing the fish and potatoes with the remaining herb butter.