3 tbsp Flora oil 1 red onion, finely grated 4 cloves garlic, minced 2 tsp grated fresh ginger 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed 0.5 tsp chilli flakes 2 tsp red wine vinegar 80 g sugar Salt, to taste 300 g butternut, cubed and roasted 2 tbsp Flora olive oil 4 cloves garlic, minced 0.5 large red onion, finely chopped or grated 0.5 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, toasted 1 x 400g can black beans or chickpeas 1 large egg 1 tbsp paprika Pinch salt 0.25 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 0.5 cup breadcrumbs Flora oil, for frying 6 seeded bread rolls 6 tsp Flora regular, for spreading Rocket, rinsed, to serve 1 round feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation (for 6 portion) for
BUTTERNUT BURGERS WITH FETA CHEESE AND TOMATO CHUTNEY
- For the chutney, heat the Flora oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir to combine, allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to cook until slightly thickened, this will take about 10 to 15 minutes over a low heat. Allow to cool.
- To make the burgers, mash the butternut and Flora olive in a medium bowl. Then sauté the onions along with garlic in a hot pan until slightly caramelised and cooked through.
- Add the onion mix to the butternut along with the toasted seeds. Blend the black beans to a chunky consistency and add to the butternut mix. Add the rest of the ingredients, season and stir until fully combined.
- Using a ⅓ cup measure, scoop out the patty mixture and form into even rounds, packing it tightly. Heat a non-stick pan, add 1 tsp Flora oil and fry the patties until golden on the outside and drain on paper towel.
- Spread the seeded rolls with the Flora regular and top with the patties, tomato chutney, crumbled feta cheese and rocket.