40g Flora regular 50g sage leaves 1leek, chopped 2garlic cloves, chopped 800g broccoli, cut into florets 500g cauliflower, cut into florets 1liter vegetable stock 400g can butterbeans, rinsed, drained Salt and freshly ground black pepper 2tbsp mixed seeds (flaxseeds, sunflower seeds), toasted
Preparation (for 6 portion) for
CAULIFLOWER AND BROCCOLI SOUP WITH CRISPY SAGE AND SEEDS
- Melt the Flora in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry until crispy.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling point, blanch the broccoli for 3 minutes and drop into a bowl of ice cold water.
- Add the leeks and garlic to the hot saucepan for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add the stock, butterbeans and 3/4 cup (185ml) of water.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Use a stick blender to blend the vegetable mixture until smooth.
- Serve the hot soup with crispy sage and toasted seeds.