125g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped 350g leftover Christmas cake or Christmas pudding 60ml sherry (optional) 2tablespoons honey 2tablespoons Flora Gold 100g white chocolate, finely chopped and melted 6red glacé cherries, quartered 6green glacé cherries, quartered
Preparation (for 30 portion) for
CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS CAKE BON BONS
- Line a baking sheet (that will fit in the fridge) with baking paper and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, or in the microwave on 10 second bursts, until melted and smooth.
- Crumble the cold Christmas cake or pudding into a bowl, add the sherry (if using), honey and Flora Gold and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix until combined. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and arrange on the prepared tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon a little of the melted white chocolate onto the tops of each bon bon then arrange the red and green cherry pieces on top.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.