250ml Coconut cream 5tbsp Flora Gold ½ tsp Salt ½ cup Golden syrup 1 ¼ cup Sugar Flaky salt
Preparation (for 25 – 30 caramel portion) for
Coconut Salted Caramels
- Heat the cream, Flora and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, take off the heat and set aside.
- Place the golden syrup and sugar into a saucepan, over a medium high heat and boil to 137C. Stir the sugar only until it is dissolved into the syrup, then leave to come to temperature.
- When it reaches 137C take it off the heat and pour in the cream mixture. Stir continuously and place the combined mixture back on the heat and bring up to 121C
- Once the caramel reaches 121C Pour into your lined tin, knock out the bubbles.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and take the greaseproof paper out the tin to remove the caramels.
- Grease a sharp knife and trim any uneven edges before cutting into 25-30 bon bons
- If you want to gift the caramels, you can wrap each individually in greaseproof paper before popping into a jar.
- Alternatively serve immediately or store in the fridge, on greaseproof paper and in an airtight container, until ready to serve.