6tbsp honey 2x 400ml cans coconut cream 1x 400ml can coconut milk 300g blueberries 2tbsp water Coconut Crumble 110g cake flour 85g castor sugar 110g Flora regular, melted 90g desiccated coconut 1tsp finely grated lemon zest
Preparation (for 6 portion) for
DAIRY-FREE COCONUT AND BLUEBERRY SWIRL ICE CREAM WITH COCONUT CRUMBLE
- Place 2 tbsp honey, coconut cream and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into 2 large zip-lock bags, pressing out as much air as possible, and seal.
- Lay the bags flat on a baking tray and freeze for 2 hours or until just frozen.
- Place the blueberries, remaining 2 tbsp honey and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15–20 minutes or until soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the cooled mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a jug and set aside.
- Remove the ice-cream mixture from the freezer and, using your hands, bend the bags to break up the mixture into small pieces.
- Place the mixture in a food processor, in batches, and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor.
- Spoon the ice-cream mixture into a 2-litre-capacity tin, spoon over the blueberry mixture and gently stir through with a metal spoon.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until just frozen. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make the crumble by combining all the ingredients together.
- Spread on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Serve the ice cream topped with the coconut crumble.
Replace the blueberries with any seasonal fruit