Filling: 1 onion, finely chopped 10ml ( 2 tsp) crushed garlic 45ml ( 3 TBSP) Flora gold 500g chicken breast cut in cubes 500ml ( 2 cups) steamed butternut cubes 750ml ( 3 cups) baby spinach, roughly chopped 5ml ( 1 tsp) dried sage 5ml ( 1 tsp) Coarse ground black pepper 10ml ( 2 tsp) salt Sauce: 100ml Flora gold 125ml ( ½ cup) flour 750ml ( 3 cups) milk 10ml ( 2 tsp) salt 2.5ml ( ½ tsp) pepper 2.5ml ( ½ tsp) nutmeg To assemble: 8std sheets lasagne 250ml ( 1 cup) grated cheddar
Preparation (for 6 portion) for
Delicious Chicken Lasagne
- To make the filling – melt the Flora in a pan, add the onion and garlic and lightly brown.
- Add the chopped chicken and simmer until cooked.
- Stir in the steamed butternut, chopped spinach and seasoning, turn the heat off and set aside.
- To make the sauce – met the Flora in a pot and stir in the flour.
- Add the milk 1 cup at a time, whisking to prevent lumps.
- When all the milk is added, stir over medium heat until thick and add the seasoning.
- To assemble: place 1/3 of the sauce in the base of an ovenproof lasagne dish and top with half of the filling.
- Top with 4 of the lasagne sheets, then another 1/3 of the sauce and the rest of the filling.
- Top with the remaining sheets of lasagne, the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Freeze OR bake at 180C in a preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes.
High in protein and nutrients. Freezes well baked or unbaked. Leftovers are great for lunch.
*Can be vegan and gluten free by making sauce with cornstarch, Flora vegan and plant based milk, by using gluten free vegan lasagne sheets, vegan cheese, and replacing the chicken with courgettes or mushroom or lentils.