200g Flora Regular and extra for greasing 300g sugar 2.5ml (1 tsp) salt 100ml rooibos tea eggs 375g cake flour 15ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder 100g currants 100g dates, chopped 60ml (¼ cup) citrus peel 100ml cold water For the glaze 100g icing sugar 15ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice 30ml (2 tbsp.) water
Preparation (for 12 portion) for
EASY CHRISTMAS CAKES
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 12 x 125ml capacity pudding moulds with Flora Regular.
- Cream the Flora Regular, sugar, salt and rooibos tea until light and fluffy in a medium bowl using an electrical beater. Add eggs one at a time while whisking.
- In a separate bowl combine the cake flour, baking powder, currants, dates and citrus peel.
- Fold the flour into the Flora Regular mixture alternating with the cold water.
- Spoon the batter into the greased moulds and bake for 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 150°C. And bake for another 30 minutes.
- For the glaze; sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Whisk in the lemon juice and water until smooth.
- When the cakes are cooled down, drizzle the glaze over the cakes.