For the flap jacks: 2eggs 40g sugar 30ml (2 tbsp.) Flora Gold, melted 150g cake flour 20ml (4 tsp) baking powder 2.5ml (½ tsp) salt 250ml (1 cup) milk Flora Gold for frying For the Flora Gold: 60ml (¼ cup) Flora Gold 15ml (1 tbsp.) honey 3sprigs thyme, chopped 125ml (½ cup) double thick cream
Preparation (for 6 portion) for
FLAP JACKS WITH FLORA GOLD HONEY AND THYME
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and Flora Gold.
- In a separate bowl sieve together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture together with 125ml milk.
- Add the remaining milk until it forms a smooth dough.
- Heat a dollop of Flora Gold in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 45 ml of the flap jack batter to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Combine the Flora Gold, honey and thyme in a small bowl. Serve dollops of Flora Gold mixture on top of the hot flap jacks. Serve with double thick cream.