4 Chicken Breast Fillets, chopped into small chunks 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of Flora Gold 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Tikka Paste Squeeze of lemon juice 8 Button Mushrooms, sliced 1 Large Green Pepper, sliced 1 Large Onion, sliced 4 Pitta Breads Salad Mixture: lettuce, tomatoes and a small red onion, finely sliced 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of Garlic Paste
Preparation (for 4 portion) for
FLORA CHICKEN PITAS
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and mix together with 3 Tbsps. (45 ml) of Flora Gold margarine. Add the tikka paste, garlic paste and lemon juice. Cover the mixture with cling film and leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or ideally overnight.
- Heat the remaining Flora Gold in a frying pan, add in the marinated chicken and fry for three to four minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, green pepper and the onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ensure the chicken is properly cooked through.
- While the mixture is cooking, , heat the pittas in the oven. Once the pitta is hot, cut each one along one side to open it into ‘pockets’ and fill it with the salad mixture.
- Divide the chicken tikka mixture among the pitta pockets and serve.