2 large onions, thinly sliced 2 tsp. (10 ml) Robertsons crushed garlic 4 Tbsp. (60 ml) Flora Oil 1.5 tsp. (7.5 ml) Robertsons paprika 6chicken pieces 0.5 tsp. (2.5 ml) caraway seeds (optional) 350ml Knorrox chicken stock 2 large tomato, chopped 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) sherry 125 ml (½ cup) low fat natural yoghurt 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) cornflour 1 green pepper, sliced
Preparation (4 Portion)
FLORA HUNGARIAN CHICKEN
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 3 Tbsp. (45ml) Flora oil until soft but not browned. Add the paprika and mix well.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, turning the portions until coated with the paprika mixture.
- Place the lid and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds, stock and tomatoes and simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken portions to a platter and keep warm.
- Reduce sauce over high heat to approximately 250ml. Stir in the sherry.
- Mix the low fat natural yoghurt and cornflour together and add to the sauce. Bring to the boil and pour over the chicken.
- Sauté the green pepper in the remaining Flora oil and use to garnish.
- Serve on a bed of rice with a green salad.