3kg Gammon, uncooked 100g sugar 4 cloves Water, enough to cover gammon 100ml Flora Gold 250ml apricot jam 50ml Seeded Mustard Extra cloves English mustard to serve
Preparation (for 8 portion) for
GLAZED MUSTARD GAMMON
- Place the gammon in a large pot. Add the sugar and cloves and enough water to just cover the gammon. Boil on a medium heat for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until a thread of meat comes away easily.
- Once cooked, remove the rind, leaving a thin layer of fat and place the meat back in the pot with the liquid until it has cooled. This allows the meat to stay moist and flavourful.
- Meanwhile, mix together the Flora Gold, apricot jam and seeded mustard in a saucepan over medium heat to make the glaze.
- Remove the meat from the pot and score the fat (in diamond shapes). Push cloves into the meat. Baste with the glaze and place fat side up into a preheated oven at 180 C for 30 – 45 minutes. Glaze at intervals.
- Carve and serve with English mustard.