For the Malva pudding: 100g Flora Regular 200g sugar 2 eggs 30ml (2 tbsp.) apricot jam 10ml (2 tsp) white spirit vinegar 280g cake flour 3ml salt 10ml (2 tsp) cinnamon 10ml (2 tsp) bicarbonate of soda 500ml (2 cups) milk For the sauce: 385g cream 100g sugar 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence For the salted caramel: 100g brown sugar 60g Flora Regular 250ml (1 cup) cream 5ml (1 tsp) salt
Preparation (for 2 portion) for
HERITAGE DAY – MALVA PUDDING WITH SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line and grease 25cm x 30cm deep baking tray.
- Cream the Flora Regular and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl with an electric beater. Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
- Add the jam and vinegar. Sift together the cake flour, salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda. Add together with the milk to the butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon into the greased baking tray, bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- For the sauce; heat cream and sugar until it melts. Remove from the heat and add vanilla essence.
- Pour the sauce over the top as soon the pudding comes out of the oven.
- For the salted caramel; Place the sugar, Flora Regular, cream and salt in a saucepan. Stir to dissolve the sugar before it starts to boil. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. Serve the Malva pudding with salted caramel and fresh berries.