1tbsp Flora oil 1 onion, finely chopped 4 cloves garlic, crushed 750g butternut, cubed and roasted 2.5 cups milk 2 tsp Dijon mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 400g whole wheat macaroni pasta 200g day-old, stale bread, torn into chunks 2 tbsp Flora regular, melted 1tsp chopped fresh rosemary Grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
Preparation (for 6 portion) for
HOMEMADE BUTTERNUT MAC AND CHEESE WITH ROSEMARY BREADCRUMB TOPPING
- Preheat the oven to 240°C. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5–6 minutes or until softened.
- Add the butternut and the milk, salt and pepper and stir until warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend until smooth.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain well and return to the pan.
- Add the butternut mixture and place in an ovenproof dish.
- To make the topping, toss together the bread chunks, melted Flora, rosemary and seeds in a bowl and place on top of the pasta.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.