100g Flora Gold 0.5 cups Castor Sugar 1 Large Egg Yolks 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda 1 tsp Baking Powder 2 tbsp icing sugar 0.5 tsp ground cardamom 2 tbsp ground almond cups Cake Flour 1Finely Chopped Pistachios, to garnish
Preparation (for 30 portion) for
NAN KHATAI BISCUITS
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan-forced).
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cream the Flora Gold and castor sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks and beat in well.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, icing sugar, cardamom, ground almonds and flour and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into balls and flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle a little chopped pistachios in the middle.
- Place on the lined baking sheet, leaving enough space to spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden.