1.5kg whole deboned pork belly, ask your butcher to score the skin 60ml (¼ cup) Flora Regular 4 garlic cloves, chopped 5cm, fresh ginger, peeled and grated Handful sage, chopped Handful thyme, chopped 15ml (1 tbsp.) fennel seeds, toasted 6peaches, halved 30ml (2 tbsp.) Flora Regular 30ml (2 tbsp.) honey
Preparation (for 8 portion) for
WHOLE ROAST PORK BELLY STUFFED WITH CARAMELIZED PEACHES
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the Pork belly skin side down on a clean work surface.
- Season the inside of the pork belly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the Flora Regular, garlic, ginger, sage, thyme and fennel seeds in small bowl. Spread the Flora Regular mixture over the inside of pork.
- Roll the pork belly up and tie with kitchen rope, with 1 cm intervals. Roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Raise the temperature to 200°C. And roast for another 30 minutes.
- Add the peaches to the roasting pan. Melt together the Flora Regular and honey. Drizzle the peaches with the Flora Regular honey mixture. Roast for another 30 minutes or until softened and caramelized.
- Remove the peaches from the oven. Switch on the grill setting. Place the pork on the middle shelf (if it is too close to the grill it will burn) Grill the pork for 5 -10 minutes or until a nice crackling appears on the skin.
- Serve the pork belly with caramelized peaches.