Vegetables: 750ml (3 cups) diced butternut – 1cm x 1cm 250ml ( 1 cup) diced red bell pepper ½ onion, peeled and diced 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) coarse ground black pepper 7.5ml ( 1 ½ tsp) salt 45ml ( 3 Tbsp) Flora regular 375ml ( 1 ½ cups) sliced mushrooms 250ml (1 cup) baby spinach, roughly chopped 250ml ( 1 cup) feta, coarsely crumbled Pastry: 125ml ( ½ cup) Flora gold 125ml ( ½ cup) water 2.5ml ( ½ tsp) salt Pinch of black pepper 5ml ( 1 tsp) Italian herbs 500ml ( 2 cups) whole wheat flour Custard Custard: 200ml ( 4/5 cup) milk 2eggs
Preparation (for 8 portion) for
Scrumptious Vegetable Quiche
- Vegetables: Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the chopped butternut, red bell pepper, onion, salt, pepper and Flora on a baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes, the add the mushrooms, stir to coat and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped spinach to wilt it and set filling aside.
- Place the Flora and water in a glass bowl and microwave until melted.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper to form and soft, warm dough that is not sticky.
- Grease a 28cm pie dish and press the warm pastry evenly into the pie dish.
- To Assemble:
- Spoon the roasted vegetables into the pastry lined pie dish.
- Top with the crumbled feta.
- Mix the eggs and milk together and carefully pour over the filling.
- Bake the quiche at 180°C for 30-35 minutes or until it has set.
Freezes well. Good eaten hot or cold.
*For a meaty option, add smoked chicken, cooked shredded chicken or cooked bacon.
*For Vegan, use Flora vegan, vegan cheese and make a sauce of plant based milk and cornstarch to replace the custard.