Mother’s Day is upon us; getting your mom a facial or some flowers for Mother’s Day is thoughtful and sweet. What better way to celebrate the matriarch and First Lady of your family than with every woman’s much-loved meal: Brunch! Let’s face it. Nothing says “I love you, Mom” quite like some smoked salmon, banana, or almond muffins.
If you’re not exactly bursting with healthy recipe ideas, don’t worry. Flora has the perfect balance of sweet and savoury recipes to make Mother’s Day memorable.
Make Mother’s Day Celebrations special by expressing your love and care for your mom with intentional heart-healthy foods. Here are five healthy brunch ideas, including food good for the heart;
- Kick off Mother’s Day morning with the deliciously tasty Flap Jacks with Flora Gold Honey and Thyme recipe. Thyme’s potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties assist with reducing inflammation, known to be the leading cause of heart ailments.
- The Green Shakshuka recipe by Flora is power-packed with healthy ingredients such as eggs, avocado, and spinach, to name a few. This delicious combination of eggs and avocado helps to regulate blood pressure by providing potassium that lowers sodium levels while facilitating blood circulation.
- Spoil your mom with the Whole Wheat Mini Pizzas with Avocado and Smoked Salmon recipe. This delicious brunch idea includes healthy ingredients such as salmon, avocado, and whole-wheat pita bread. Salmon is rich in Omega 3 and fatty acids, which reduce artery inflammation, lower cholesterol levels, and maintain blood pressure levels.
- Surprise mom with the savoury Mother’s Day – Salmon and Cream Cheese Pancake Stack recipe. Made from ingredients such as smoked salmon ribbons, cream cheese, and parsley, to name a few. This heart-healthy brunch idea will both surprise and delight her!
- The Flora Banana and Almond Muffin recipe is a delicious sweet treat, perfect for celebrating Mother’s Day. This healthy brunch idea is made from ripe bananas, flaked almonds, and natural low-fat yoghurt. Almonds are rich in magnesium and fibre and are good for heart health, while bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that aid in good heart health.
For more recipes and foods to reduce cholesterol, follow us on social media. Until next time, bon appétit and Happy Mother’s Day!
The best ingredients to eat
Take a look at the best ingredients to eat throughout the year